Squeee!! My first full year as a Book Blogger! I started this blog at the end of 2017, and it’s been so great to be a part of this bookish community! I am so thankful to everyone who stuck with me when my blog was dead for months at a time!! Yes, keeping a blog is WORK – but it’s like doing anything creative. It’s work that helps me recharge! Keeping this blog helps me stay grounded and connected in my life, so my biggest goal for 2019 is keeping consistent with it! Bullet Journaling has helped me a lot with that! Great for tracking book releases and blog posts!
What do we want?!: TO STAY INSIDE AND READ MORE!
When do we want it?!: STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS, I’M READING.
So quick recap! Did I meet my GoodReads goal? NO! Did I read more books than last year? YES! Would I reach my goal if I could include all the fanfiction I read? DEFINITELY.
I had a rough year, what with losing my job and all, but I feel more focused and energized than I have in a long time. I’m ending the year happy, healthy, and excited for 2019!!! I have some really fun posts planned and IT’S GONNA BE A GREAT YEAR! FULL OF BOOKS AND LOVE AND SHOUTING ABOUT FICTIONAL HOTTIES SO GET READY.
I read 23,505 pages across 60 books
Shortest Book: The Princess Saves Herself In This One by Amanda Lovelace (156 pages)
Longest Book: Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas (992 pages)
Biggest Disappointment: I hesitate to call them disappointments, but probably Defy The Stars which I did NOT like. You can find my full review of that HERE, but basically the book did not live up to the gorgeous cover! And I guess I’m disappointed with Seafire. I haven’t finished it yet, it’s just not what I thought it was going to be like so it’s taking me longer to get into it than I hoped.
Favorite Audiobook Narrators: It’s a tie between Marisa Calin, who did the Daughter of the Pirate King duology, and James Marsters aka SPIKE who did Queen of Air and Darkness and quite frankly it iS OVER STIMULATING. HE’S SO EXTREMELY SENSUAL.
Favorite Posts I Wrote
- That time I got lost in a Romance Package Vortex and couldn’t get out.
- My Favorite TV Shows of 2018
- Just straight YELLING about Kingdom Of Ash (still not over it)
- How I went to BookCon and was so unprepared for the madness!
- My Review for Girls of Paper and Fire because it’s still such an important book to me!
Goals for 2019
- Find a job in publishing
- Get my manuscript ready for querying
- Read 100 Books
- Mix in more “Underrated” books. Looking at my lists it’s mostly popular books everyone is talking about (and for good reason), but I’d like to find more hidden gems!
- Post at least 5 times a month – no more unplanned hiatuses!
- Make more Book Blogger friends!!!!