Off the Blog
Hello humans, and one anteater in a suit who thinks he’s passing, RIDDLE ME THIS. Why is January the longest damn month in the existence of months? It feels like we’ve been doing this dance for half a year and I am TIRED.
Oddly though this last week went by in a blur! I couldn’t seem to get my feet under my body and didn’t get ANYTHING done.
Little Things That Made Me Smile
- Hit my GOAL WEIGHT! HUZZAH! I’m such a hot little dance biscuit. Still gonna stick with keto for the other benefits, but probably not so aggressively.
- HEAT TECH and PILE LINED SWEATPANTS from Uniqlo are my daily uniform. I look like I’m in a winter Step Up movie. I mean I don’t actually, but I feel it in my soul. And it’s amazing.
- Rehearsals started for PETER AND THE STARCATCHER! I’m playing Ted, and I’m having a blast acting again
- I read SEVENTEEN BOOKS LAST MONTH! I’m insanely smug about it because I want to read 100 books this year and I know I can’t keep that pace up all year, so best to get ahead now! I managed to read so many though because I got trapped in…
- THE ROMANCE VORTEX! Basically that’s what I call it when I get caught up in romance books and end up reading 1-2 a day for like two weeks. Plus it usually coincides with these damn Polar Vortexes. SOO YOU SEE WHAT I DID. WE HAVE FUN HERE.
- New Light by John Mayer because it’s a delightful jam
Meanwhile my imminent doom is swirling ever closer and I am PANIC ALWAYS.
And on that note, let’s see what my month looked like on the blog!
Books I Read
Not listing every book because 17 BOOKS! If you’re curious though they’re all on my Goodreads! These were my favorites:
- The Illuminae Files by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman
- The Wicked King by Holly Black
- Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor
- Fall Away Series by Penelope Douglas (if anyone else has read these slide into my dm’s cus it’s literally all I’ve wanted to talk about all week)
- Weekly Watch-Ems
- Review of The Disasters by M.K. England
- TTT: Books I Meant To Read in 2018
- WWW Wednesday – January 16th
- Review of Light Years by Kass Morgan
- Wicked King Owlcrate Unboxing
- Alphabeticals: B
Goals for February:
- I really need to adjust my ratings system – it’s swings around too much based off my mood and I need like a rubric?? Maybe? I’m not sure. How do you do your ratings?
- I want to try more discussions or alternate post types to add more variety to my blog!
- One of my New Year’s Resolutions was to start dating again so ugh. Guess I’ll like….download Hinge or something. Honestly who has the time for that?? I just want somebody to already be around so I can use them as a pillow while I read and they can get my snacks so I don’t have to get up. Do I just want a butler maybe?
- MAKE MORE BLOGGER FRIENDS 🖤